Tuesday, February 9, 2010

About me

Call me Kairos. When I first read Madeline L'Engle's a Wrinkle in Time series, I loved the idea of Chronos versus. Kairos time. Chronos was the time on your watch and Kairos is something in between moments. This is what grief is, a time where time seems to stand still and yet keep on moving at the same time.

I have two children, twins. One is here on earth my daughter, who I will call Meg here. One is in heaven, my son Drew, who passed away unexpectedly in his sleep at age 3. My husband and I have been married over ten years and are weathering the grief journey together. Meg who is now 4 does not quite understand and her grieving process will be different from an adults in that it will change as she understands what is death.

In my grief I have learned to knit and am likely to talk about that here as well. I also do wheel-thrown pottery when time permits, which is generally the summer since I teach during the school year.

2 comments:

  1. Meg from Madeleine L'Engle too?

    I love her books, some of my favorites. I also love the idea of the two different kinds of time and I think about things in my life like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Meg from Madeleine L'Engle as well. I always liked Meg's character and her relationship with Calvin.

    ReplyDelete